My "new" NetGear WNDR3700 router

I finally realized it was time to bite the bullet and upgrade my home WiFi. After my ASUS WL-500g died ast year, I was making do with a Sitecom WL-153 MIMO-XR WiFi AP and running critical services like DHCP and DNS from my ReadyNAS NV.

It worked but it just never felt right.

So I did a lot of research into which router to get, weighing in OpenWrt, DD-WRT and Tomato firmwares and getting opinions from friends.

Then I watched numerous items on eBay or Craigslist for a while to see if there were any good deals there.

In the end, I purchased a refurbished Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700 from RealTekDirect through Amazon.

It arrived yesterday: So far I'm really happy with it and I'm already tinkering around with OpenWrt on it :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gargoyle on OpenWrt BackFire 10.03

WebGL Camp #3

dnsmasq, OpenWrt and my Netgear WNDR3700